Monday, November 23, 2015

November has been good:)


Today is November 23, and I am now almost 30 weeks along! I have grown a LOT. The two pictures from below were from about a week ago, and yet I feel so much bigger today than what those pictures show! Even Alli walked in today and started giggling at seeing how much bigger I am then the last time she saw me (about 2 1/2 weeks ago). It's pretty fun to look pregnant now without a doubt. And I can't believe we're getting close to the end! Super crazy. It hasn't been too bad...I've just recently started to be uncomfortable sleeping and sitting too long is hard on my back. But no swelling or stretch marks or hemorrhoids or the many awful pregnancy symptoms I read about (knock on wood:)). I have been having a lot of contractions lately, especially in the afternoons when I'm up on my feet a lot, so the Dr suggested only working mornings so that I don't end up going into pre-term labor. So I've just been working at the clinic Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings now, and it's been pretty nice! I will be done working here within a few weeks, and I am actually pretty excited. I'm going to have to be creative though and get some good projects going because sitting at home all day with nothing to do isn't my favorite thing. I also have been helping my mom with some projects she has going, so that will be fun to help her finish them! And I am excited to get to have time to read some fun books:) Anyway, we have been trying to get out and enjoy the sun before it gets too cold - but look how beautiful the mountains look with the snow!! The cold isn't my favorite, but I love how pretty it is:) We try to go on walks every once in a while, but since I have been having a lot of contractions lately, it has been a little more difficult.
                                    


Anyway, on November 7, the Farley girls threw me a shower!! It was so fun and I feel like we just got so many cute things. Baby things and blue things are my favorite:) And it was so fun to be with family! All the cute little outfits and baby stuff have us so excited for February!! So here are just a bunch of fun pictures from the shower and after of Mike putting together the carseat and stroller:)












These pictures are from a few weeks ago, before it snowed for the first time (which since then, it hasn't snowed again). The tree in my parent's backyard is absolutely gorgeous in the fall and I couldn't resist taking some pictures!
     







This was just a little thing I made for our private instagram a little while ago to show the progress of my growing belly:) It was 15 weeks, 23 weeks, and 26 weeks, and I just thought I'd put it on here. I think the thing I like most about being pregnant is how much he moves and how often I feel him in there:) We went to a childbirth education class this past Saturday and had a fun time learning about everything. I feel like it was all more of a reminder to me of things that I had learned in nursing school. While it makes me a little freaked out about actually giving birth, it also was nice to learn about everything with Mike!



So it snowed a few weeks ago and I just loved the little quail tracks that were down the sidewalk to our door in the back. They made me smile!! 
 
 
I had to take the glucose screening a little over a week ago, and I failed. :( bummer. So this was the second test, the three hour test that required me to go in fasting and then sit in the lab for 3 1/2 hours so that they could poke me 5 times (only took blood 4 times, but missed my vein one time  - pushed it around a lot too so that I got a lovely bruise on my arm). Luckily I had a good book so the time actually went by pretty quickly:) I just finished it today, it was called Edenbrooke and was a fun, quick, easy, and very romantic read:) 

 So THIS amazing thing was an oreo crusted chocolate cheesecake with chocolate ganache and chocolate curls that we made for Mike's siblings Thanksgiving dinner we had last night! It was quite delectable, if I do say so myself:) haha extremely rich though, so you can't eat very much. We took some to my parents after, and they loved it, and then we gave some to grandma to try and she offered to buy all the ingredients for us to make it for our Farley family Thanksgiving this Thursday! Haha so it was a real hit. And it was actually kind of fun to make! Kind of an expensive dessert to make (cost us over 20 bucks), but it was fun to make something fancy:)



Anyway, there is a little update of this month with some fun pictures. I realized though that Mike and I don't have hardly any pictures together, so we will work on that for next month:) Yay for Thanksgiving and then December and CHRISTMAS!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment